Reaching well beyond my grasp

I am here because I have been inspired. The Bloodbowl community has created some amazing customised teams and I have decided I'd like to try building my own team.

I have never done this before, my painting skills are mediocre at best and my modelling skills....well non existent. This is in all likelihood a doomed journey. But I hope it gives others of my skill level and ambition the courage to try.

This is my first attempt at blogging, so some things I feel you should know.
The good blogs out there post on a weekly basis, yeah... this isn't going to be one of those good blogs.
Also I take terrible photos. Really. You have been warned.

UPDATE: I have added a Lessons Learnt page. Here I note little tips I learn as I go along. A summary of things that may help others who decide to give kit bashing a go.

Wednesday 14 February 2024

Goblin team Troll 1

For the one of the trolls on the goblin team I knew I wanted it to be throwing a goblin. Not very original I know, but iconic, and it is the reason why we love trolls.

I put together a troll body and added the legs.
 I tried to position the the legs so the troll looked like it was stepping forward in to the "throw"

 The kit comes with the right arm below, the open hand seemed perfect for the throwing action. So the troll would be throwing with it's right arm.
 For the left arm I positioned it downwards and slightly to the back. My thinking was as part of the throwing action pose, as the right arm went forward the left arm would go backwards as a counter balance.

I had a few ideas on how I wanted the right arm to be positions and how I wanted a goblin to be attached to the model. But before I fixed the right arm I wanted to get the thrown goblin model sorted to get a better idea of what the right arm was doing.

Looking at the models I had available, I liked the model below from the Gretchin kit. Cutting the pistol away I would have a goblin in what I call the superman pose.


Photo below with the pistol removed.

All that was needed was a head. The kit had one that was wrapped in bandages which I felt was amusingly appropriate. I positioned the head to be looking upwards to complete the superman pose.

















No comments:

Post a Comment