Reaching well beyond my grasp

I am here because I have been inspired. The Bloodbowl community has created some amazing customised teams and I have decided I'd like to try building my own team.

I have never done this before, my painting skills are mediocre at best and my modelling skills....well non existent. This is in all likelihood a doomed journey. But I hope it gives others of my skill level and ambition the courage to try.

This is my first attempt at blogging, so some things I feel you should know.
The good blogs out there post on a weekly basis, yeah... this isn't going to be one of those good blogs.
Also I take terrible photos. Really. You have been warned.

UPDATE: I have added a Lessons Learnt page. Here I note little tips I learn as I go along. A summary of things that may help others who decide to give kit bashing a go.

Friday 29 September 2017

Test paint #2

I had another go at trying paint the team colours/kit, as well as settler on the kit scheme.
This time I limited the orange to knees, elbows and shoulders.


 The legs/ trousers were also painted orange, although i am not sure whether there is enough contrast between the legs and knees.

 The tiger stripes I kept horizontal, still feel I need to improve on them, make them thinner.




I tried to not go over the top with the stripes, I think the shoulder pad came out quite well, I also like that it is only on 1 shoulder.

 I like the top of the helmet being orange, although in this case the stripes turned into small triangles. I might make some of the other models helmets all orange with stripes.

 Overall I think this is an improvement over the test paint #1. I think the balance between the black and orange is better. I may limit the stripes to the shoulder pad, purely because it is really tricky to paint stripes on small curved surfaces like the knees and elbows. I would like the helmets to have stripes too but not sure if that will work with every model.
I am thinking that I may leave the elbows as orange without the stripes, paint the knees black, and then paint the diamond flat pieces of plate armour above the knees orange with stripes. That might be easier to pull off.

I also wonder if some of the armour plate "patches" on various part of the mode; should be orange?

No comments:

Post a Comment